The College of Arts & Sciences Administrative Support Team serves as an extension of fiscal staffing for College of Arts & Sciences schools, departments, and centers by completing specific business processes and providing expert advice in support of each unit’s educational, research, creative, and outreach endeavors.
To be a trusted partner to all units in the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS).
The CAS Administrative Support Team (formerly CAS Shared Services) launched in June 2011, a grass-root initiative to increase efficiency and reduce risk when small departments had limited administrative staff. Originally designed to complete human resources, payroll, and procurement transactions on behalf of 13 Humanities departments, the team's portfolio experienced rapid growth in its first year and has continued to grow ever since. Administrative Support Team (AST) now manages foreign national visa applications for all CAS units including human resources, payroll, and procurement transactions for more than half departments, schools, and centers across all four divisions (the Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences).
AST has also been instrumental in the launch of new systems, most notably Workday HR/Payroll in June 2017, and is working closely with the University's Finance Transformation team in preparing CAS units for the launch of Workday Financials in July 2023.
- Consistently offer prompt, thoughtful, and accurate responses to all inquiries and requests
- Maintain efficient and accurate data entry
- Create user-friendly avenues to track the progress of requests from unit submission to ticket resolution
- Provide up-to-date instructions, training, and links to help units gather complete and accurate information when submitting requests to AST
- Provide intelligible and timely updates on University, College, and AST policies and procedures
- Create opportunities for units to give feedback and participate in AST process improvement initiatives